Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Bimbo- I mean Bora,

I know all about "compliments." NA often makes such comments about dinner. Things like, "This is way better than what you cooked last night." And, "This tastes ok, but I don't like the way it feels in my mouth." Or even, "I like it except for all the vegetables." I'm sure to a 12 year old boy, these are culinary compliments but they make me want to scream. Add to it that he asks me what's for dinner about 5 times a day and then crinkles up his nose when I tell him and that while I'm cooking he says things like, "What's that smell?" and it has become a new rule in our house that we do not discuss dinner. At all. Period. I have a feeling you will not be able to enact a similar rule with Dr. Meany-head, though if you try, I'd love to hear how that works out for you.

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment