Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dear Bora,

Sorry I've been a little MIA on the blog (no internet at the cabin), but my guess is that somewhere a librarian has been MIA in someone's research process. I know that Wikipedia has been working to become more accurate, (references listed at the bottom of articles, etc) but it's still Wikipedia for goodness sake! Here I've been telling my 5th graders not to use it for their Presidents Projects, and someone in academia is using it. Crazy. Next thing you know, you'll find a paper that sites "Google." I can't seem to get it through the kids' heads that Google is a search engine not an acceptable reference website. Clearly somewhere a librarian has failed to adequately teach research skills and everywhere there will be gnashing of teeth and weeping onto date due cards.

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment