Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dear Kate,

Every time I eat food brought in by a drug rep I feel like the politicians that accept campaign funds from questionable sources with questionable motives but swear they won't let it affect their decision-making.  It's like tainted, bribe food.  

But then the smooth-talking drug rep walks in and the spell of the food-bribe is broken.  As soon as the drug rep's mouth opens, I am 100% sure that the food bribe will have no effect on my prescribing.  Smooth-talk always throws my red flags up.

And thank goodness, because the food is so much more tasty when it doesn't have that nasty guilty aftertaste.

Love, Bora.

1 comment:

  1. The summer after I graduated from high school, I worked at a physical therapy clinic, and the best days were when a pharmaceutical rep brought food. And since I was just a technician, and had absolutely no bearing on what was given or prescribed to patients, I couldn't possibly have a guilt aftertaste. Too bad they don't have food bringing reps for any other job I've ever worked at.

    ReplyDelete