Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dear Kate,

Honestly, the gap between what I want and what the garment industry believes I want is annoyingly large.  I want a modest pair of shorts; they make only daisy dukes - so I wear jeans all summer.  I want a flattering one-piece bathing suit; they only have bikinis in my size - so I wear the shorty wetsuit I bought when I went to the Galapagos Islands.  I want a nice pair of khakis to wear with flats at work; they only make them extra long to accommodate heels - so I wear the khakis I've had since 8th grade.  Seriously?!  Am I that weird to make clothes for?

Love you,
Bora.

2 comments:

  1. CUT OFFSSSS. take your old jeans and make them new shorts! you can control the length and it's awesome. cause then you look super hip. also, gap has nice fancy shorts. and sometimes online shopping is a good way to find cute, modest clothing.

    ReplyDelete