Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dear Kate,

I'm tired of school.  I have been in school for over 18 years now with not more than a summer off the whole time.  I've been in school so long that I don't remember what it's like NOT to have homework or studying to do.  I keep trying to picture the future - after graduation next year - with no tests to prepare for, no papers to write, no lectures to attend!  But I can't get a clear image in my head.  It's like trying to explain to a blind person what 'green' is.  I am blind to the freedom beyond school.  

Oh how I envy your simple and easy going life, Kate.  How I wish that my life were that wonderfully free from complexity and stress.  What does it feel like to not have a single worry in the world?

Love,
Bora.

4 comments:

  1. Boring and structureless. I need a schedule, people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Now THAT'S a harsh review of a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say the same thing g said... boring. thus the reason im back in school. it is wonderful not having school or tests. that part is brilliant. but boredom settles in around month 4-5. thats about the time all your sleep catches up. oh but there are responsibilities... work. meetings at work. serving on councils at work. but oh boy... its different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy is it different. After nearly 2 1/2 years of no school, I find myself missing homework assignments--teachers outlining what to do. Life and parenting have such a wider variety of guidelines to choose from, it's exhausting. I tend to wonder why I had so much trouble writing papers and doing projects. Looking back, it all seems so much simpler than this... But smiles, giggles, and hugs are way better than an A+.

    ReplyDelete