Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dear Kate,

I'm tired of time zones.  I was living 2 time zones away from home while on rotation in California and now, even though I'm only 2 hours from home, I'm 1 time zone away in the opposite direction from before.  My body is confused, I forgot to change the time on my computer, and even though it's unrelated, I lost my watch, okay?!

I think we should get rid of time zones.  Make the people in California get up when it's dark and go to bed with the sun is still up.  I wouldn't feel bad for them.  It's their fault for choosing to live there.  And because in the US we do things our own way, we can simply claim to no longer accept time zones and demand that the rest of the world work in "American Standard" Time.

Love,
Eastern Standard Time Bora.

P.S.  While we're at it, let's get rid of Daylight Savings Time too.  Did I mention that whole change only confused my poor, time-tortured body further??

No comments:

Post a Comment