Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear Bora,

As a book-lover and librarian, I love books in all forms. I love to listen to audiobooks and I'm an advocate of ANYTHING that gets kids reading. I don't always love books made into movies (because they never seem to do it justice) but I can't tell you how many times the kids will watch the movie and then decide to read the book. I guess the librarian's "WebMD" would be something like Yahoo Answers or Ask.com. A librarian deals in information and sites like that peddle quick, often inaccurate information. Unfortunately, there are a lot of ignorant people in the world who are just dying to share their "understanding" of everything from the "What was the Kansas-Nebraska Act?" to "Could this rash be an STD?" It's our jobs as professionals to set them straight. Aren't you glad?

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment