Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dear Bora,

Every Saturday I go to the grocery store at 8:30 AM and there's always this bag boy there who looks just like Patrick (who went to our high school & church), exactly as he looked when I last saw him and he was 17. Anyway, he always smiles at me (probably because I have the slightly deranged look of someone who always does her grocery shopping at 8:30 AM on a Saturday) and it's all I can do not to say, "Hey Patrick! Want to go listen to some Dashboard Confessional?" It's like I'm instantly transported back to my senior year of high school just because of one familiar face. So far, I've been able to resist the urge to speak to this teenaged bag boy, but I'm sure he already thinks I have some sort of cougar-crush on him. I should probably start shopping somewhere else.

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment