Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dear Bora,

I've decided something huge: you need to be a teacher. I know, I know, you're just about finish that PA school thing, but I have a really good reason. You know how we both thrive on constant praise? Well, you can get it all the time as a teacher. No, not from those ungrateful little brats we call students. From the other teachers! Think about it. Teachers spew forth constant praise all day long to the students and it's a proven fact that they cannot turn off their "teacher voice" when around adults (remember that time I told that grown man in line in front of me at Wal-Mart to spit out his gum?). That over-the-top praise is often bestowed upon fellow teachers for the smallest thing. For example, "Thank you so much for making that copy for me. You are so amazing. I don't know what I'd do without you." Yes, it's totally worth the lousy pay-check and the parents who say things like, "I don't call you when she doesn't do the dishes, so why are you calling me when she doesn't do her homework." Anyway, think about it.

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment