Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dear Kate,

Oooh, that's a hard one.  Plus, you stole the most delicious motherly advice we've been given.  Apple crisp is a delectable part of a nutritional breakfast (and if you choose to add a scoop of ice cream, you can remember that it's dairy just like milk).

Hmmm... I'd have to say that I am most thankful for her advice on comebacks.  As you know, the extent of my comeback skills is limited to crying and saying, "Oh yeah?  Well, you're - you're a meany-head."

While I rarely used any of the comebacks that mom has suggested, she certainly helped with catharsis.  She gave me the words I was lacking to get some of that anger out and off my chest.  Honestly, imagining saying, "Thank you.  Thank you for being such a great example of what I hope never to be" to my least favorite professor ever is far more rewarding than actually saying it.  

Especially because it would probably really come out more like, "Thankyou for being... a show of what be Ihopenot... meany-head."

Love,
Bora.

No comments:

Post a Comment