Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dear Bora,

I am super impressed with your homemade cloth diapers! I now know what I'm going to do with those old flannel sheets Mom gave me and how I'll be spending a good part of my summer. Sure, my husband will find it totally creepy that I'm going to spend hours making cloth diapers for children we don't have yet, but hey, what do I care? I want to be the kind of person who sews her own clothes, bakes her own bread, hangs out her laundry on the clothesline, grows her own vegetables... and I do all of those, just not all of the time. What can I say? I'm a work in progress. My new hippie project: chickens. A neighbor and I are building a chicken tractor this summer. (If you don't know what that is, here's a link). I still find chickens terrifying (beaks and claws everywhere!) but on the other hand, I find the idea of being a person who can say, "I make this quiche with eggs from my chickens" irresistible. Well, I need to go tend my garden and put another load of clothes out on the line. (See? Isn't it wonderful to be a person who says those things?)

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment