Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear Bora,

I didn't go to the graduation ceremony for my masters, but that was mostly because the program was 90% online. The only reason I was even tempted to go was to get that sweet hood. I feel like they should have mailed it to my with my diploma. I mean, where else do you get a master's hood? It's not like they sell them at Wal-Mart. And if they did, it would totally devalue them because I'm pretty sure everyone would be sporting one of those velvet trimmed hood like the earned it. I earned the right to wear that hood to the grocery store and the beach. How else am I going to get the respect that a master deserves. You heard me right. Once you have a master, you should be called "Master." Just like people with doctorates get to be called "Doctor." My degree says I've mastered education, so I make everyone call me Master Katie (my students call me Master B, which subsequently, is my rapper name). I say all of this to emphasize my point: get that hood. Suffer whatever is neccessary to be given that covetous hood and then wear it often as a testiment to your master-ship.

Love,
Master Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment