Sunday, December 20, 2015

Dear Kate,

I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, but... my child is a book-ripper.  As a librarian, you seem the appropriate person to whom to confess.

Yes, it's true.  We were lucky with C and he somehow managed to make it past 2.5  years old with only 2 accidental pages torn in all that time. R, however, apparently finds great joy in tearing pages from books. And unfortunately, because C is so short, I can't keep the books away from R without also keeping them out of C's reach.  I have had to repair at least a dozen books thus far.  She even manages to mangle board books!

I will say that I am pretty proud of my book repair skills, but I do wonder at what point our home library will be more tape than book.

#confessionSunday - yeah, I'm making that a thing,
Bora



No comments:

Post a Comment