Thursday, January 14, 2016

Dear Kate,

C loves to be outside more than anything and we've been cooped up because everyone in our family has been sick, so I thought it would be a good idea to go on a walk yesterday afternoon.  The high was 43 degrees, but I thought if we bundled up we'd be okay.

I thought wrong.  43 degrees is cold!

C insisted on riding his balance bike, which meant he was wearing a helmet instead of a hat and he couldn't wear mittens because he can't grip with them on.  We got about 10 minutes down the road and he started shrieking that his hands were cold (apparently he hadn't noticed it until they were painful-cold).  He refused to get in the stroller with R because bike.  So he tried to ride his bike without holding the handle bars and promptly fell off.  I finally convinced him to get in the stroller so we could get home faster.  I rubbed his icy hands and showed him how to tuck them into his sleeves so they wouldn't be cold in the wind.  As I'm jogging home in jeans pushing my heavy double stroller, I hear him crying, "They're sneaking out, Mom!" The funny part, though, is that I sped up.  I mean, I didn't want them to get away!

Living in my child's reality,
Bora

No comments:

Post a Comment