Sunday, January 17, 2016

Dear Kate,

Well, it's Confession Sunday again and it's time for me to fess up.

I sneak-eat.  And not very well.  My son frequently catches me and says, "Mommy, what's in your mouth?" or if I'm closer to his face and he can smell it, "Do you have chocolate?"  Every time I get caught sneaking chocolate chips, cookies, fruit snacks, or some other treat, I think, "Dang it all! When am I going to get better at this?"  I thought sneak-eating was like an automatic mom trait.  You know, like it came with the second set of eyes or something - which, by the way, never did show up for me.  I mean, my body has changed a lot after two kids, but extra eyeballs were not one of the many things I gained.

I'm not Catholic, so I'm not exactly sure what penance even really means, but what do you think the penance for sneak-eating from your toddler is?

Hail Mary, full of grace, sneaky are thou amongst toddlers,
Bora


No comments:

Post a Comment