Saturday, February 6, 2016

Dear Bora, 
With R's first birthday coming up, I'm reminded of how utterly silly first birthday parties always seem. The kid has no idea what's going on. They don't understand opening presents and don't get me started on "smash cakes."  No offense to my many friends who love to do big themed birthday parties every year, I just personally don't get it. A party for me is when people come over and we eat. The end. No decorations, no theme. Probably not even a bowl for the chips. And everyone still seems to have a good time. So either the color-coordinanated napkins and plates don't matter or everyone secretly pities my severe party planning ineptitude. I just realized I'm asking the wrong person. I know where you stand on this issue. We are cut from the same cloth, you and I, and it's definitely not a decorative table cloth. 
Wishing I could be there for R's first birthday party,
Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment