Thursday, April 21, 2016

Dear Kate,

There are times when I have to stop and remind myself to enjoy the present moment.  You know, like pausing to enjoy C being super silly rather than getting annoyed that he's drawing with his yogurt on the kitchen table.  I mean, I don't have to let myself get mad.  It's just yogurt.  We can laugh and he can help me clean it up instead of it turning into some giant fight.

The key here though is "REMIND MYSELF."  I do NOT need some random person saying, "Cherish every moment, dear.  It goes so fast!"

Every moment?  Every moment?

I feel like it's just been too long since that person was woken by a kid (very rightly) upset because he woke up to find he was sleeping in a pool of diarrhea, you know?

Will get back to the cherishing tomorrow,
Bora.

No comments:

Post a Comment