Friday, May 13, 2016

Dear Kate,

Yesterday was a magical day.  It was my day off with the kids.  First, I got up way too early and got my charting done while drinking iced coffee and watching cartoons with C.  Then, we all got dressed and went on a long bike ride/ walk down to the park.  Next, we went to the grocery store and didn't forget any of the items on the list.  C fell asleep in the car on the 5 minute drive home and stayed asleep through a transfer to his bed!  Then R went down without much fuss!  Kate, do you know what I did next?  I read a book.  I read a book without holding a baby awkwardly.  Without being interrupted and losing my place 10 times.  Without any distractions!

After reading for almost two hours without a peep from either kid, I thought to myself, "Is this heaven?  Am I dead?"

Then the kids woke up.

But really, they were in good moods and we had a great rest of the day.

Now that's heaven,
Bora.


No comments:

Post a Comment