Saturday, June 25, 2016

Dear Bora,
Clearly your kids have inherited our impeccable comedic timing. Deliver the (totally ridiculous) line deadpan and walk away. That's our style, right?  Like how I told everyone that I wore 2 watches because one was set to New York time or how you told everyone that the stock photo of an Asian kid in your wallet was your son.  We just like to say crazy things to get a reaction.  I'm pretty sure it's on our family crest. 
 Something else K has inherited from me is her inability to understand song lyrics. Not that it stops her from singing them (incorrectly) ad nauseum. Take her latest favorite song, "All About That Bass.". She only sings one line and it goes like this:
I'm all about that bass, bout that bass no shovel. 
Or maybe it's not something she inherited from me at all. Could it be her father's love of Weird Al and that she's actually attempting to make up a parody?  That's a way better story, so I think that's what I'm going to tell people from now on. With a straight face. And then walk away. 
Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment