Birth Day

Today is my birth day!

Not my birthday, but my BIRTH day! I gave birth to Rebekah 5 years ago during our detour year in New Jersey. We were about to have lunch at Chick-fil-A when I had my first painful contraction. Chris said he knew I was really about to have the baby when I said he could have the rest of my sandwich if he wanted.

I can't believe it's been 5 years since that little girl came into our lives. She challenges me with her persistence and strong feelings (don't know where she got either of those from...), but I am so grateful to have such a sweet, loving, passionate, artistic, adventurous, and silly girl as my daughter. She is truly amazing.

Today was her last day of "school" since she'll be homeschooling with Clark and staying home with Dad on the days that I work. She got to celebrate her birthday with her friends and we took cupcakes to share. (Valentine's Day is timed perfectly for some pink cupcakes).

Chris and I got her a pedal bike. She can't wait to ride, so I hope we have at least some rain-free time tomorrow.

Royal Baby Freestyle 12" Bike - Fuchsia - image 1 of 5

Comments