Fixation: An observation
When I'm stressed out or feeling anxious, I have realized that I often find something to fixate on.
When I was in PA school, it was the pet section of Craigslist. I would look through ads for hours. Thankfully, I don't do this anymore. Otherwise we would probably have 10 dogs by now.
Other times, I have focused on houses for rent or for sale (depending on our situation). I would just look and look and look, even if we couldn't move or weren't ready to move.
Right now, I can't stop looking up kites. Yes, kites. They are cheerful and calming. And I need more of that today. A lot more.
Today was the first day that we had over 900 deaths from coronavirus in a single day in the US.
But kites. Let's look at kites. I think maybe I'll buy a kite...
Wow - I've never seen a kite being moved around like that before. Had no idea there were kites (or kite-flyers) with that much control. There are many worse diversions/ obsessions these days. Nice to see *something* that's fun and can be controlled as the pandemic builds. Still stunned at what we're watching unfold and the multiple failures of the systems that should be functioning to address it. Thinking of you and your family and sending love and (virtual) hugs from a safe distance!
ReplyDelete