Post peak

I know that some places have seemed to hit peak. Maybe even the country as a whole has passed peak, but please keep in mind that this does not mean we are ALL passed the peak. For one, rural areas are on a delay for this stuff. In many places (including here), we are still climbing to the top of this terrifying roller coaster and it is more than a little disconcerting to hear people talking about letting that lap bar up. Maybe you are passed the peak. Maybe you are safe now and already back by the lines, ready to get out of the car and let some other sucker get on. But if your lap bar release is tied to mine, don't you dare lift that bar up! I've got 80 year old patients in here with me. I've got immunosuppressed little kids in here too. I've got pregnant folks and sole breadwinners in this beat up tin can headed to the top of this rickety monstrosity. I wish we weren't on this thing. Or that the car felt more sound. I wish we had one of those pull down harnesses instead. But we've got what we've got at this point, and if all that is protecting our most vulnerable populations is a pull down lap bar with a little too much give in it, then that's what we will use. Your actions matter. Please don't lift the one weak thing that's even trying to keep us safe because you're tired of hanging out down there.

Comments