Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve turned out to be an amazing day. First, I didn’t have a headache for the first time in 4 days! I started out the day by making buttermilk pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Then, I baked some chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookies while the kids played with Quinn's first "present" - the giant bin of Duplos we've been saving in the garage since Clark moved over to regular Legos.

The weather was perfect - sunny and probably over 60 degrees out - so the older two and I went for a walk to the park while Quinn took a much needed nap. (Quinn is the only one who seems sick and that’s only because she is so fussy).




When we got back from the park, we laid out a delicious spread of fruits, veggies, summer sausage and cheese, and ranch dip with pretzels. The kids built fruit and veggie sculptures. Clark made the star of Bethlehem.





The kids wrapped their presents for each other. We “opened” our new Nugget foam couch from Grandma and Grandpa. It’s meant to be used for building and the kids had an absolute blast playing.



Quinn ended up going to bed at 5 (after she screamed for almost an hour from exhaustion) so we missed Christmas Eve church services, but hopefully she’ll be feeling better by tomorrow.

I made cinnamon rolls before sitting down for dinner and put them in the fridge to bake tomorrow morning. Then, we played a family Christmas Mario Kart Championship, followed by putting out some rice pudding for our nisse (we finished "Winterfrost" and it was great!) and of course, a few cookies for Santa.

After putting the kids to bed, Chris and I watched Dr. Who before setting out the presents. It was a really great day.




Comments

  1. Love Clark's Star of Bethlehem! And I learned a new word and idea - nisse! Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment