So perfect that there are no pictures
Today was the perfect day.
I took the day off from work - just a random Monday - solely with the purpose of being able to slow down during the busy holiday season, and it worked!
The weather was beautiful. High of 65 and sunny.
First, Bekah and I took Quinn to the daycare as usual so that Bekah and I could go on a mommy and daughter coffee date alone. She rarely gets me completely to herself, so this was special for both of us. We went to our favorite coffee shop in Pittsboro, Blue Dot Cafe. She ordered her vanilla chai latte and I decided on a gingerbread latte. We shared a slice of pumpkin bread and just sat and talked while she drew pictures in my calendar. Right before I was about to tell her that it was time for her to go to school, she said, "Well, I think it's time for you to take me to school." Seeing the look on her face as she waltzed into her class late, proud to tell all her friends that she was on a coffee date alone with her mom, was priceless.
After that, I went back home to spend some one-on-one time with Clark. We decided to deliver candy canes secretly to the neighbors. We magically made up the exact number of candy cane deliveries to make it exactly around the block - ending at our next door neighbor. When we finished, we decided to go to the park because it was so lovely outside. He ran around and climbed on everything without a care in the world. There were no other kids to be seen (school wasn't out yet), so we got the whole place to ourselves.
Later, I went with Clark to pick up the girls early from school. Then we went back to the park and Chris joined us when he got finished with work (early, I might add).
It was the most perfect day and I'm glad to say that I was living so in the moment that it didn't even cross my mind to take a single photo.
I took the day off from work - just a random Monday - solely with the purpose of being able to slow down during the busy holiday season, and it worked!
The weather was beautiful. High of 65 and sunny.
First, Bekah and I took Quinn to the daycare as usual so that Bekah and I could go on a mommy and daughter coffee date alone. She rarely gets me completely to herself, so this was special for both of us. We went to our favorite coffee shop in Pittsboro, Blue Dot Cafe. She ordered her vanilla chai latte and I decided on a gingerbread latte. We shared a slice of pumpkin bread and just sat and talked while she drew pictures in my calendar. Right before I was about to tell her that it was time for her to go to school, she said, "Well, I think it's time for you to take me to school." Seeing the look on her face as she waltzed into her class late, proud to tell all her friends that she was on a coffee date alone with her mom, was priceless.
After that, I went back home to spend some one-on-one time with Clark. We decided to deliver candy canes secretly to the neighbors. We magically made up the exact number of candy cane deliveries to make it exactly around the block - ending at our next door neighbor. When we finished, we decided to go to the park because it was so lovely outside. He ran around and climbed on everything without a care in the world. There were no other kids to be seen (school wasn't out yet), so we got the whole place to ourselves.
Later, I went with Clark to pick up the girls early from school. Then we went back to the park and Chris joined us when he got finished with work (early, I might add).
It was the most perfect day and I'm glad to say that I was living so in the moment that it didn't even cross my mind to take a single photo.
Delightful! Good job, mom!
ReplyDelete