Dear Kate,

Every time I eat food brought in by a drug rep I feel like the politicians that accept campaign funds from questionable sources with questionable motives but swear they won't let it affect their decision-making.  It's like tainted, bribe food.  

But then the smooth-talking drug rep walks in and the spell of the food-bribe is broken.  As soon as the drug rep's mouth opens, I am 100% sure that the food bribe will have no effect on my prescribing.  Smooth-talk always throws my red flags up.

And thank goodness, because the food is so much more tasty when it doesn't have that nasty guilty aftertaste.

Love, Bora.

Comments

  1. The summer after I graduated from high school, I worked at a physical therapy clinic, and the best days were when a pharmaceutical rep brought food. And since I was just a technician, and had absolutely no bearing on what was given or prescribed to patients, I couldn't possibly have a guilt aftertaste. Too bad they don't have food bringing reps for any other job I've ever worked at.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment