No more mahkey
I think I've finally figured out that Quinn throws up every time she has avocado. It's hard to pin point because she throws up frequently, and I don't keep a log of everything she actually eats. Sucks to be the third kid. (or any kid of mine, come to think of it, because I have never logged the foods my children consume).
Obviously, sometimes she may have had a stomach bug (the joys of daycare) which throws a wrench into tracking down a culprit anyway. Last night she screamed in pain and threw up after eating beans and rice topped with avocado. With no runny nose to blame and no gastrointestinal illness that I'm aware of, it finally hit me that the first time she ever projectile vomited was with guacamole. I remember because it's hard to forget the sight of bright green vomit shooting out of your baby's mouth in a glorious arch onto the cream colored carpet in your brand new house.
Anyway, I think we're going to avoid guacamole and avocado for a few weeks and try re-introducing on a night we are feeling particularly brave if we feel it needs to be tested.
Obviously, sometimes she may have had a stomach bug (the joys of daycare) which throws a wrench into tracking down a culprit anyway. Last night she screamed in pain and threw up after eating beans and rice topped with avocado. With no runny nose to blame and no gastrointestinal illness that I'm aware of, it finally hit me that the first time she ever projectile vomited was with guacamole. I remember because it's hard to forget the sight of bright green vomit shooting out of your baby's mouth in a glorious arch onto the cream colored carpet in your brand new house.
Anyway, I think we're going to avoid guacamole and avocado for a few weeks and try re-introducing on a night we are feeling particularly brave if we feel it needs to be tested.
Comments
Post a Comment