That's the thing about being short...
Clark was playing across the street at the park this morning by himself. A concerned neighbor tried to find out if his "mommy" knew where he was. Clark, being shy, especially with strangers, just nodded and kept playing, mostly ignoring her entirely. Fortunately, Chris saw her talking to him from the window, and I went out and explained that he's actually almost 7 and homeschooled.
I had a discussion with Clark about talking to strangers - and that he can and should, especially in situations like this. We reminded him to never go anywhere with a stranger and that he can always say, "I'll go get my mom/ dad" and leave immediately if he feels uncomfortable or if they won't leave him alone.
Being short stinks sometimes.
I had a discussion with Clark about talking to strangers - and that he can and should, especially in situations like this. We reminded him to never go anywhere with a stranger and that he can always say, "I'll go get my mom/ dad" and leave immediately if he feels uncomfortable or if they won't leave him alone.
Being short stinks sometimes.
Comments
Post a Comment