Worst vegans ever
So, neither Chris nor I can stand to waste money or food, so for the last few days we've been eating up the already-opened or refrigerated foods that don't stick with our new planned way of eating. Things that aren't opened will be given away except for a few boxes of crackers that we will let the kids eat until they are gone. But because we are trying to use this stuff up, our diet has probably been a bit worse than usual.
It seemed a little silly to announce an intention to eat only plants and then sit down to a lunch of pork pot-stickers, but hey, we spent money on those (and I'd be lying if I said they weren't delicious). We also let the kids have ice cream sundaes after dinner. No WAY am I letting ice cream go to waste. Now that is one I'm going to miss.
I went to the grocery store to stock up on a few staples as we transition - whole grain cereal, beans, nuts, and whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and bulgar. I also grabbed some fruits and vegetables, of course! I'm really excited to eat simply because I'm hoping that there will be some meals that don't require a lot of planning because they are just simple. I'm also excited about cooking in new ways - and I have two vegan cookbooks coming in the mail. One is called Thug Kitchen and comes with superfluous cursing, which I somehow find hilarious.
.png)
This morning I had my usual coffee with milk. I'm going to have to cut down on that or change it slowly... I haven't quite decided what the ultimate goal there is...
I also had some various whole grain cereals mixed together and topped with blueberries and vanilla oat milk. It was tasty - crunchy and the blueberries added enough sweetness for me. The vanilla oatmilk is unsweetened and was actually really tasty on cereal. I don't plan to drink it as a beverage though.
It seemed a little silly to announce an intention to eat only plants and then sit down to a lunch of pork pot-stickers, but hey, we spent money on those (and I'd be lying if I said they weren't delicious). We also let the kids have ice cream sundaes after dinner. No WAY am I letting ice cream go to waste. Now that is one I'm going to miss.I went to the grocery store to stock up on a few staples as we transition - whole grain cereal, beans, nuts, and whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and bulgar. I also grabbed some fruits and vegetables, of course! I'm really excited to eat simply because I'm hoping that there will be some meals that don't require a lot of planning because they are just simple. I'm also excited about cooking in new ways - and I have two vegan cookbooks coming in the mail. One is called Thug Kitchen and comes with superfluous cursing, which I somehow find hilarious.
.png)
This morning I had my usual coffee with milk. I'm going to have to cut down on that or change it slowly... I haven't quite decided what the ultimate goal there is...
I also had some various whole grain cereals mixed together and topped with blueberries and vanilla oat milk. It was tasty - crunchy and the blueberries added enough sweetness for me. The vanilla oatmilk is unsweetened and was actually really tasty on cereal. I don't plan to drink it as a beverage though.
Comments
Post a Comment