Recipes

Recipes we have tried recently:

- Black bean and sweet potato enchiladas (Oh She Glows). I liked them. Chris did not. I think he just didn't like this particular enchilada sauce.

- Lentil loaf with balsamic glaze (Oh She Glows) Neither Chris nor I liked it. The texture was a bit pastey and the flavor of lentils too strong for the other seasonings.

- Mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy (Oh She Glows - though we didn't do mashed cauliflower). We both liked it but would cut the mushrooms up smaller next time.

- Chia power donuts. (Oh She Glows). I liked them the first day. Chris did not. Leftovers weren't great.

- PB banana and spinach smoothie. The kids like this one (Bekah likes to add a touch of chocolate if I let her), but I can't add any of the extra "grittiness" that I like - ground oatmeal, ground flax seed, chia seeds, etc. Oh well. At least they get some spinach?

- Apple "bagels" with PB. This is literally just cutting applies into round slices and coring it then putting PB on top. 

- Harvest Chickpea Salad (for sandwiches). I genuinely loved this recipe and could see making it on the regular.

- Black bean fajita bowls. These are not really new and have always been a win. Though we'll have to start hiding the guac we are adding to our bowls so Quinn doesn't scream for it since we are holding that until we are sure she's not allergic/ intolerant.

Comments